Major changes to websites are often thought of as technology projects, and too often the massive shifting and re-thinking of the content is not given the time and attention it deserves. If your unit is planning on a major site change soon, now is the time to start planning for how your content will need to change to achieve your site goals. Register now (details below) for a two-part workshop to help you learn to plan, organize, and execute better web content.
In this session you will learn industry-standard tools, techniques, and practices to make the transition as smooth as possible. Sponsored by UIC’s Office of Digital Communications, experts from Pixo —an Urbana-based software consultancy — will lead a two-part workshop specifically geared toward university staff members who manage and work with web content. Over the course of two 3-hour sessions, you will learn how to:
- Evaluate content on your current site
- Identify what your site users really need
- Collaborate with others to distribute the burden of creating and maintaining content
- Adopt standards, policies, and decision-making practices for your content
- Test your content to determine if it’s effective
You will leave these sessions with tools and resources to more effectively plan and manage web content right away.
This event is co-sponsored by UIC Digital Communications and our Web vendor partner Pixo
- Kimberly Charles, UIC, Director of Digital Communications
- Philip Weiler, UIC, Senior Executive Director of Marketing and Brand Management
- Melinda Miller, Pixo, Director of Research & UX
- Cate Kompare, Pixo, Lead User Experience Designer, Chicago Office
- Lindsey Gates-Markel, Pixo, Content Strategist